From: Tim Trent [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2005 11:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Bad Law? (was Interview notes)

I have just had a lovely conversation with a lady who said "By the way, is
the maximum sanction under FoI a cross letter from the UKIC?"  She said it
tongue in cheek, of course.  But she also receives FoI requests.  Lots of
them.

So, it seems not only the DPA is regarded as the butt of humour.  And
"discretionary compliance" seems to hold good there, too.