As officers of the council we would be negligent if we traded with someone
who we had made bankrupt.  Indeed I suspect this is probably illegal.

Duncan James
Records Manager
Policy, Performance and Communications Unit
Town Hall
High Street East
Wallsend
NE28 7RR

Tel: 0191 200 1313

                      Roland Perry
                      <roland@INTERNETPOLICY        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      AGENCY.COM>                   cc:
                      Sent by: This list is         Subject:  Re: [data-protection] Notice to staff
                      for those interested
                      in Data Protection
                      issues
                      <data-protection@JISCM
                      AIL.AC.UK>

                      12/10/2005 13:40
                      Please respond to
                      Roland Perry

In message <OF13E183EF.C456252C-ON80257098.00412B8E@LocalDomain>, at
12:58:13 on Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Duncan James
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>One of my colleagues was about to send this notice to all staff.
>
>Mr X ( tel. no   XXX XXXX) who has supplied sandwiches to this
>building was declared bankrupt on XX.
>
>As the above should no longer be trading, under no circumstances
>whatsoever are staff to place any further orders with this person but
>alternatively find another supplier.  This is to take immediate effect.

If the person is neither seeking credit nor trading other than in his
own name (it is assumed that people will know he is bankrupt if he uses
his own name...), why is he banned from trading?
--
Roland Perry

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list
owner

service. If you need to report a problem with this service please call the
IT Help Desk on 5444.
For more information visit http://www.messagelabs.com

service. North Tyneside Council does not guarantee this email to be free of any viruses. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.