From: [log in to unmask]
From www.swarmtheminutemen.com:

SWARM the Minutemen - Action Update May 30th, 2005

SWARM would like to offer a sincere thanks to the more than 78,500 people
from
around the world who joined the Electronic Disturbance Theater's virtual
sit-in
against the MinuteMen. It seems that in a time when almost all the space in
the
United States has been privatized and free speech zones have been reduced to
cages topped with barbed wire, the internet can still serve as a commons
where
people can gather together to create positive social change.

Swarm the Minutemen
http://www.swarmtheminutemen.com/

Electronic Disturbance Theater
http://www.thing.net/~rdom/ecd/ecd.html

A global swarm has stood up and said no to the racist violence the MinuteMen
project embodies and has consequently rejected this latest incarnation of
the
rising tide of fascism within the United States. We hope this will
contribute
to the movements around the world struggling to stop the violence of the
MinuteMen and the Border Patrol. Together we fight for human rights for all
people, regardless of migration status.

There were reports that at times the MinuteMenProject.com server was not
responding and at times the WakeUpAmericaFoundation.com server was
unresponsive
as well. Apparently the swarm had an effect. Within the MinuteMen circles
the
action was discussed as well.

In addition, our action was linked from lots of interesting places,
spreading
the message of human rights for migrant people around the world.

Here are some of the links:

- Our page was site of the day on CounterPunch.org
- Bruce sterling posted us on his blog on wired.com:
  http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/sterling/index.blog?entry_id=1116023
- Also front page on the art site: http://post.thing.net
- The network_performance page:
  http://turbulence.org/blog/
- Our call to action was in a feature on San Diego indymedia,
  San Francisco Indymedia and the national US Indymedia.
  http://www.indymedia.org
- The italian version of the call was posted on Italy Indymedia and
  reposted on Germany Indymedia
  http://italy.indymedia.org/news/2005/05/798952.php
- TheHacktivist.com
  http://www.thehacktivist.com
- Autonomedia Info Exchange
- We were mentioned on WBAI Pacifica Radio in New York City in their
  report of the Global Indymedia MinuteMen Wrap-Up.

====
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please reply to this e-mail
to highlight the error. You should also be aware that all electronic mail
from, to, or within Northumbria University may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related legislation, and
therefore may be required to be disclosed to third parties.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving
Northumbria University. Northumbria University will not be liable for any
losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.

Distributed through Cyber-Society-Live [CSL]: CSL is a moderated discussion
list made up of people who are interested in the interdisciplinary academic
study of Cyber Society in all its manifestations.To join the list please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/cyber-society-live.html