Dear Elaena,
I have just received the below e-mail from Amanda Burls.
I am interested in the position to which Amanda's e-mail makes reference. However, I have a question. Given that the position seems to mainly involve critically appraising the peer-reviewed literature and carrying out systematic reviews, would it be possible for the job to be filled by myself whilst continuing to live in Barcelona with periodic trips (ie. once a month for 2-3 days at a time) to the University?
I have attached my CV for your interest.
Kind regards,
Adrian Wenban, B.Sc., B.App.Sc., M.Med.Sc., Ph.D. (Candidate)
Associate Governor, Australian Spinal Research Foundation (ASRF).
Collaborator, Instituto Municipal Investigaciones Medicina (IMIM), Barcelona, Spain.----Mensaje original----De: [log in to unmask]: Jun 28, 2005 6:57:59 PMPara: Asunto: Advert: Systematic Reviewer Post

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

School of Medicine, Medical School
WMHTAC (The West Midlands Health
Technology Assessment Collaboration)
Researcher
(Salary £19,460 - £29,128 a year depending on qualifications
and experience)
Applications are invited for an exciting post within a lively and friendly
team, supporting evidence-based healthcare regionally and nationally.
The successful applicant will automatically be entered onto our MSc in
HTA course, with fees paid.
The main duties of the post involve critically appraising research
evidence, primarily from existing reports and articles, and disseminating
the findings to healthcare decision-makers. The post also involves
undertaking systematic reviews and health technology assessments.
Applicants should be educated to degree level. If the degree is not in a
health-related subject, the applicants must have at least 12 months’
experience working in a health service or doing research on health.
A good understanding of medical vocabulary and the research
methods applied in healthcare is desirable. Applicants will be required
to demonstrate their ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
a piece of research at interview.
Duration of post: 1 year in the first instance, expected to be renewed
until March 2011.
Informal enquiries are encouraged and can be made to
Elaena Donald-Lopez (0121 414 7450; [log in to unmask]).
For more information about the team please look at our website:
www.pcpoh.bham.ac.uk/publichealth/wmhtac/
Application forms (returnable by 2005) and details
from Personnel Services, The University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT. Tel: 0121 415 9000,
web: www.personnel.bham.ac.uk/vacancies
Please quote reference M39162

Dr Amanda Burls
Senior Clinical Lecturer in Public Health and Epidemiology
Director of the West Midlands Health Technology Assessment Collaboration
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT

		 TERRA