From BBC
Regards
Graeme.

Dear Course Leader,

Following on from the BBC Three short story writing competition, End
of Story, we are running a new challenge in March 2005.

The competition is called The Last Laugh and is a sitcom-writing
challenge. 8 well-known sitcom writers have written the first 20
minutes of an original half-hour sitcom; all our entrants have to do
is write the final 10 minutes and have the last laugh!

The writers are:
Marks & Gran - Birds of a Feather, The New Statesman
Paul Mayhew Archer - My Hero, The Vicar of Dibley
Bain & Armstrong - Peep Show
Carla Lane - Bread, Butterflies
Jonathan Harvey - Gimme Gimme Gimme
Trix Worrell - Desmonds, Porkpie
Ian Pattison - Rab C Nesbitt
Brown & Hendrie - My Family

As with End of Story we will be publishing a free book which contains
the beginnings of all 8 of the scripts to be given away with the
launch of the show. This book will be available in participating book
shops, comedy clubs, libraries and hopefully, writing courses.
If you would like your course to be involved and to have copies of
the book to give away, or loan to people, then please contact me by
15th January 2005 to order them (details below).

We need to know:

*       How many people are in your writing course and how many books
you would like?
*       The details of where to send the books, what quantities are
required and who to address them to.

The deadline for ordering books is 15th January 2005, due to the
scale of the operation we cannot guarantee that any orders received
after this date can be met.

Books will be sent out in March 2005 to arrive the week before the
programme launches, the planned date for this is 20th March 2005 but
is subject to change. The books will be embargoed until the day after
the launch show is broadcast and this will be printed clearly on the
package

- we would greatly appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Kind Regards,

Esther Coleman - Hawkins
Project Manager, The Last Laugh

Contact details for ordering books:
Phone: 0141 338 3432
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Mail: Rm 3196, BBC BH, Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow, G12 8DG

If there's anythign else I can tell you please let me know.

Thanks

Esther

Esther Coleman - Hawkins
Project Manager
BBC 3 - End of Story & The Last Laugh
Tel: 0141 338 3432
Mob: 07786 702401
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
www.bbc.co.uk/endofstory

--
Professor Graeme Harper,
Head, School of Creative Arts, Film and Media,