Bill Long wrote:
> It may not be part of the traditional domain of Fortran,  but that's
> not the same as being impossible, or even difficult.
Well, you are more then welcome to write one in Fortran, and sure, it
can probably be done. But I suspect there are better languages to use
for this. I am not saying that is C, but there is likely to be some C
library or interface to some existing library. Duplicating efforts just
so the parser can be written in Fortran hardly seems justified. If it
were a numerical application, especially a new one, then by all means,
write it in Fortran. But if it has been done before and is not
particularly suited to Fortran, I see no point.
This is IMO, of course.
Aleks