Moshe Vaxman wrote:
> What is the maxim number of elements
> of a double precision real matrix  (n*n)
> that can be created and used in a fortran program
> on a 64 bit linux computer
This question really has nothing to do with Fortran per se...it is more
about the OS (linux x86_64?), the compiler (???), and also the physical
machine of course. Your compiler documentation will undoubtly provide
details for this if it really does support 64 bit mode (look for small
versus large memory model description), with appropriate switches etc.
There is no theory for this without the three details I mentioned above.
Best,
Aleks