DO NOT REPLY TO THIS SENDER; REPLY TO ADDRESS IN
MESSAGE

Call for submission of articles for a special issue of
_Life Writing_
on "Mixed Race, Hybrid, Transnational: Writing Lives
in National and
Global Frames."

The editors invite articles that theorize and read
mixed race, hybrid,
and transnational subjects represented in all forms of
life
writing-autobiography, memoir, biography, diaries,
letters,
autobiographical novels, other forms of creative
non-fiction, and
more. We are open to new research on hybridity,
multiple
subjectivities, interculturalism, flexible
citizenships, and all forms
of crossings and overlapping identities and
narratives, and are
particularly interested in studies that recuperate
historical and
neglected texts and that move their interpretative
perimeters to
include experimental and mixed life writing genres.
Counter-academic
and creative non-fiction work on these subjects will
be considered for
the "Reflections" section of this special issue.

We welcome submissions from diverse territories in the
Americas,
Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Pacific-Oceania, and
Europe. All
articles will be peer-reviewed. Please send
submissions to
guest-editor Shirley Geok-lin Lim
([log in to unmask]) or associate
guest-editor Caroline Hong ([log in to unmask]),
at Department
of English, University of California, Santa Barbara,
California 93106,
U.S.A., by December 30, 2005, for a publication date
of September
2006.

Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com