Sorry to come in on this late but I've been away.
I fully agree with everything Geraldine and Paul have said.
The objections to their points seem to have come from people who don't know the British scene. Paul's piece was brilliant and so near the truth of what actually happens that it hurts. I can understand how those not in Britain would find that strange, but that's the way it is, and it has been that way for some years now. I know the subject is fraught with danger because of the racist accusation, but that is the main reason the nonsense goes unchallenged - people are afraid of being called racist if they object to the ignorant and patronising way the AC deals with these issues. Absolute garbage pretending to be poetry is absolute garbage whatever the colour of the poet but time after time the arts and lit officers encourage and promote absolute garbage if it is written by the young and ethnic.
Tim A.