Hi

Want to welcome new list subscribers - first.

In general terms, there's more information posted than poems and discussion at present, but this doesn't mean there are not pressing concerns and issues.

When I first joined this list, over two years ago now, I was all full of barriers and hurdles I'd previously set in place. Everyone here has been really good to me - I mean, in keeping with the original intentions of Ric Caddell and others, the plurality and expansiveness remains important - the essence.

Issue for debate

I recognise no linear development of/in poetry. No stories can ever be told through poetry. Narrative is the anathema of poetry. Storytelling is all lies.

All poetry is breath - the incidentals of jazz, the broken lungs of people in the gutters world wide. This is the story without resolution.

A poem is not a poem if it concludes - unless there is any breakthrough in history.

Love isn't enough - and considering what love is isn't enough. And Love poetry, loving poetry, kindred poetry isn't enough. But without love?

Tell me what you think poetry is today.

Best, Rupert