I can't comment on the licensing issue, but I did managed to get Bb 6.1 to install on a Windows 2003 Server (Web Edition) with the MSDE SQL server engine. I'm not sure how this will cope in a production environment, but you would save a small fortune in Microsoft licenses!

Matt
VLE Genius.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ellen Lessner
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:07 PM
  Subject: Bb remote access and additional client licenses for the SQL server??

  I've just been sent the following from our (understandably) concerned IT
  Unit.  Can anyone tell us whether they have had the same happen to them?

  "We have just heard that if we offer BB from outside we have to buy a
  client licence for the SQL server and possibly an email client licence.
  If we give access to user areas we also have to buy a windows client
  licence.

  Staff are covered by the campus agreement, but students are not.

  We are investigating the costs."

  Many thanks -

  Ellen Lessner
  ILT Development Coordinator