  From: Mark Gamble
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:34 PM
  Subject: Searching inside a Course Site

  Hi All

  I've been asked whether it is possible to search among content within a site - and whether it is possible to search for strings within items. Although we're on Basic (at the moment) and I suspect that may affect the ability to search, I am, of course aware of the opportunity to add metadata when you add an item in a content area. Maybe I've failed to turn something on, but why allow adding metadata when there is no search facility? Clearly missing something blindingly obvious....

  --
  Regards
  Mark

  Mark Gamble
  Head of Learning Technology Support Service
  University of Luton
  Tel (+44)1582 489260 Fax (+44)1582 489259
  Mob 07720 068605  Int ext 2260 / 6360 (mobex)