Dear All,

We're currently debating issues around what library and ICT service access students at our partner FE colleges should have. Currently we have a variety of arrangements with different FE institutions where generally the students studying HE courses are registered as our students, reported in our HESA returns and therefore have the same rights as our 'standard' students. However, there are some instances where the college itself reports these students and we effectively only validate the courses - in all other respects the students belong to the college not ourselves. Having checked with Blackboard, there doesn't seem to be an issue with their use of our Bb instance when studying these courses but I thought I'd ask the list to see if anyone else has gone through a similar process and, if so, what access rights to Bb they provide to such students.

Has anyone else been through a similar decision making process?

Many thanks,

Stan

DR R Stanier

Learning Technologies Group Manager