Although not a strictly BlackBoard issue, I was wondering if anyone makes
use of timetabling software which integrates well with their BlackBoard
system.  As a Blackboard/MSExchange/SITS site, I am interested in a system
that integrates to our current systems.  It seems like all of these
timetabling systems are a lot of work to set up, and the benefits only seem
to pay out in the long term, and as a 2 year, problem-based course with
around 100 students this year and all compulsory modules, it would be a lot
of work to set up something which has a lot of drawbacks in terms of system
support.  Our main driving force is the number of clinicians who teach on
the course as external lecturing, and designing a timetable around their
availability.  It would provide us with individual timetables for those
sorts of people, a process which is currently undertaken manually.

David J. A. Lewis BSc(Hons) PGCE MIBiol CBiol MIAP MBCS
Learning Technologist
Swansea School of Medicine/LIS
[Work]  <http://www.medicine.swan.ac.uk/bio-d.j.a.lewis.html>
http://www.medicine.swan.ac.uk/bio-d.j.a.lewis.html