________________________________

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sandra
Windeatt
Sent: 11 April 2005 10:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: discussion boards

I think all of us would like to know this.

There is some indication of ISP responsibility at

http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/ispliability/ispliability.htm#reg

which suggests that provided you remove the offending message as soon as
you are made aware of it, you can plead not guilty . . . but whether
this would extend to a teacher-led discussion board is unclear (and
indeed the authors of the said page add disclaimers to the effect that
"some of the law stated below may have changed since this paper was
first published."

But, in the meanwhile, Richard's four statements are a useful reminder
of our responsibilities - especially for module leaders.