From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist on behalf of John Beaumont-Kerridge
Sent: Thu 07/04/2005 10:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Staff Development on Elearning

Hi,
We have been experiementing with Macromedia Captivate to provide simple
online instrutions of "How To" for some functions in Blackboard. A first
attempt (still being developed) can be found at:

http://www.lbsonline.ac/ddbx-tutor/

This particular example was for foreign tutors and UK moderators
coordinating and responding to students.

For those unfamiliar with the program "Captivate", there are a number of
options, but one is via screen grabs which are then manipulated with
additions of call outs etc. Output is a Flash file, plus Word if needed.
There are also some accessibility options. Does not take too long to
produce simple instructions although I am sure there are some glitches
that no doubt will emerge as we progress.

Just wondered if anyone else out there was doing anything similar?

JBK
Dr. John Beaumont-Kerridge
Principal Teaching Fellow
University of Luton Business School

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:16:32 +0100, Arthur Loughran <loug-
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi,
>I would be grateful if someone (or lots of someones) could let me know of
any staff dev. programme  that is provided wholly online, ie no F2f at
all, designed to teach staff how and why to use a VLE (the full range of
options not just etutoring).

>thanks,
>Arthur Loughran
>University of Paisley
>

>Legal disclaimer
>--------------------------
>
>The information transmitted is the property of the University of Paisley
and is intended only for the person or entity
>to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.  Statements and opinions expressed in this
>e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking
>of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
>If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete the material from any computer.