Invigilate 'em or trust 'em, I don't believe there is any halfway
houses.

Same issue as school pupil homework, or coursework essays.

Richard

>>> [log in to unmask] 30/11/2005 13:03:10 >>>
Does anyone have any creative solutions to the question of knowing that
it was
in fact a particular student who sat a test? One of our schools used to
have a
home built VLE which utilised a webcam to take photographs of the
student every
few seconds when they were sitting a test. The photos could be
monitored from a
console or stored along with the test. They have now moved to using
Blackboard
and want to reproduce this functionality somehow to ensure that their
distance
learners take the tests themselves.

Neil

Neil Penry