Hi Antonia,

We asked Blackboard about using Sophos for virus-scanning and their response
was that supportability is not affected, but they might ask for it to be
switched off when troubleshooting any problems.

Also, Learning System/Dropbox files with viruses can be disinfected or
quarantined safely but Content System files unfortunately can't, as it would
lead to inconsistencies in the application. There were some other
suggestions for handling Content System files but they fell under the "at
our own risk" or "talk to Global Services" category. All we can definitely
do is possibly raise an alert if our scans show a virus in a Content System
file.

Do you use the Content System? If you or anyone else has tried
virus-scanning Content System files I'd love to hear about it.

Anthony.