From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Harbach Geoff
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: Communication Aids in Intensive Care

Hi Aidan.

I would guess that most ITU's are full of electronic equipment that should have increased immunity to electrical noise due to the close proximity to other equipment with which they must work.

It is not necessarily certain that all AT equipment comes under the MDD, it depends on whether the manufacturers declare it so.

I wonder if all AT manufacturers have made an EMC declaration according to the latest version of 60601-1-2.

http://www.bsiamericas.com/MedicalDevices/Updates/052704.xalter

This would then give you some idea of the emissions characteristics of the device in question. You could then make a judgement as to the likely occurrence of interference.

Do you have a particular device in mind?

Geoff.