Interesting - I had a brief email or two with one of the authors regarding
AT and if (what we define as) AT software was relevant to their report.  I
hypothesised that it should be.

Their opinion was that it wasn't and that they had a different definition of
AT

"as in the Audit Commission Report "Assistive Technology - Independence and
well-being" and is closely associated with Telecare in the home."

I argued that Telecare was a subset of AT, not t'other way around - the
'version' of AT that they were interested in for the report was

"that sub-set of Assistive Technology which assists healthcare delivery or
decreases or postpones the need for healthcare.
"

I'll have a read...

Cheers

Simon