Colin.

If we have a second day, could we focus on how we provide integrated,
technology support to, in particular, children and young adults, especially
young adults who wish to go to college and who for some reason drop off the
end of the provision system for children in education. Once they stop being
a "child", the funding just seems to disappear and there is no support for
their educational needs.

Those needs sometimes include, having a decent wheelchair, possibly powered,
which has the appropriate modifications and equipment fitted that will allow
them to achieve the most from their educational opportunities. This is not
always just supplying them with EAT, but the addition of ventilator support
, suction equipment, mobile communication equipment, simple physical
modifications etc. I see examples of very simple things that could be done
to improve access to technology and education, but there is no one to do
them.

As an example, I know someone who couldn't reach over to their laptop from
their wheelchair because the table they had been provided with prevented
them getting underneath it. The simple solution was to make a bigger top for
the table, but who in our respective industries would do that ?

How do we challenge those who decide how much will go in to the purse, to
get them to recognise the financial consequences of all these NSF's and
documents that are being churned out.

And how do we do that for the people who elect not to go through the NHS?

Geoff Harbach
WMRC
B'ham.