Dear all

There are still a few places left on the following events, organised by
Archives for London (AfL).

1. The next monthly AfL seminar will be held on 1 DECEMBER 2005, 5.30pm
onwards, at London Metropolitan Archives.

IMAGES OF LONDON: What is the Region planning for film archive provision in
our city?  Find out more and see examples of our treasures for yourself.
Speakers, Caroline Reed (ALM London) and Laurence Ward from London
Metropolitan Archives (LMA).

Refreshments will be available from 5.30 and the talk will start at 6pm.
The seminar is an open forum and following the talk attendees are welcome
to ask questions, exchange news, and discuss matters of interest.

Please let Nicola Avery know if you are coming - e-mail her on:
[log in to unmask] N.B. If you book a place and are
subsequently unable to attend, please make sure you let Nicola know as soon
as possible, as these seminars are often over-booked and non-attendance is
unfair on those who try to book after all the places are filled.

2. FORTNUM'S FOR TEA, ANYONE?
Visit to Fortnum and Mason’s Archive on Thursday 8th December at 2-4pm
Website: http://www.fortnumandmason.com/about/history/

Cost:  £15.

The visit will include a talk by Andrea Tanner, the Fortnum and Mason’s
archivist, about the history of the company established in 1707 and an
opportunity to see some of the records held in the archive.  You will also
be offered tea and mince pies in the Burlington Room on the 4th floor at
Fortnum & Mason, Piccadilly.

To apply, please complete the form below and send to: Victoria West, Blythe
House, 23 Blythe Road, London, W14 0QX

I wish to book ……… places on the AfL visit to the Fortnum’s Archives.

I enclose a cheque for ……… made payable to Archives for London, and a
stamped addressed envelope for confirmation and directions or an email
address

Phone (daytime) ……………………………(evening)……………………………………

Email