From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Palmer
Sent: 16 November 2005 09:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Amstrad disks

Hello all,

Please forgive a question on a subject which I know has come up before,
but I was wondering whether there were any new thoughts on the subject.
We are currently cataloguing a collection of personal papers amongst which
is a box of about forty 3" Amstrad disks. I know that there are companies
which will migrate this data to newer formats, but we currently have no
way of knowing what is on these disks, whether it is material replicated
elsewhere in the collection, and whether migration will be worth the cost.
Has anyone found any way around this issue? Does anyone have an old
Amstrad PCW9512 we could beg or borrow (we probably wouldn't resort to
stealing)? Has anyone had any positive (or negative) experiences with
companies offering migration services? Any advice would be most welcome.

Jennie Hill

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.