Colleagues,

As some of you will know, Katie Norgrove, the NCA's current Policy and
Development Officer is leaving us on 31st March.  I am very pleased to be
able to announce that we have recently appointed Ruth Savage to succeed her.

Ruth Savage began her career as a Research Assistant in the Philosophy
Department of Lancaster University, where she gained considerable experience
of using archive services.  She then worked for nearly six years as a
Corporate Policy Officer with Portsmouth City and Argyll and Bute Councils.
She comes to the National Council on Archives from two years at City
University as their Policy and Data Analyst.

Ruth will join the NCA in mid April so I hope you will be able to bear with
us during the short interim period.  Any matters you would normally have
contacted Katie about in early April can be addressed to me instead; you may
like to note that my new e-mail address is
[log in to unmask]  Once Ruth is in post she will send
out a further message announcing her contact details.

Nick Kingsley
Chairman, National Council on Archives