our database officer says:
http://www.pcwking1.netfirms.com/ was mentioned very favourably in the
Guardian lately for getting data from old Amstrad disks. I've never used
him, but if the comments are anything to go by then he'll be very good.>
He suggests <that if archives offices could set up a central point where old
machines could be made available (the National Archives would be best?) then
this service could be shared by everyone.> This would help with future
problems, certainly. I guess there's no reason why machines for all formats
would have to be held in the same place, so long as there's a central list
of what's where? Just a thought.

Jane Pudsey
Senior Conservator
The Herbert
Coventry
Tel 024 6778 5171

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are requested to contact the sender

All e-mails are monitored by Coventry City Council IT Security, using M@ilMeter and Star Filtering Services.

The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not necessarily those of Coventry City Council.
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The  service is powered by MessageLabs.