Deal all,

I am writing to you in search of recommendations for a couple of
microscopes suitable for wood charcoal ID (i.e. darkfield incident light).
One high-end and of good quality (including imaging option or at least
connectivity to a good digie camera and combo transmitted light
illumination?), and another with a bit more emphasis on portability (i.e.
suitable for fieldwork). I have had already some extremely useful
suggestions from colleagues abroad, but I thought to seek for some more
opinions. Any suggestions? Please respond to me off the list if possible.

thanks in advance for your responses,

Eleni

________________________

Dr. Eleni Asouti
Research Fellow
Institute of Archaeology
University College London
31-34 Gordon Square
London WC1H 0PY
UK

Tel (direct line): 020 7675 4723
Overseas: 44 20 7679 4723
Institute of Archaeology Fax: 020 7383 2572
Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/staff/profiles/asouti.htm