Von: Arch-Metals Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]]Im Auftrag von
Edgar
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2005 21:40
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: History and development of metals

I have one book - so far -
"Technology in the Ancient World"
by Henry Hodges. (1970)

Are there better books or ones that complement it,
that describe the beginnings of recovering metals
from their ores, including copper and iron, and
development of bronze, casting, furnaces,and an
overview of where it began and how it spread?

The subject interests me more, having read the book,
so it's to satisfy an inquiring (and non-academic)
mind rather than to follow the needs of a student,
or some curriculum.

Thanks,

Edgar