The Centre for Statistics in Medicine in Oxford is holding a one day
meeting in celebration of its 10th Birthday:

"MEDICAL STATISTICS: MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN HEALTH CARE"

on Tuesday 20th September 2005
9.30am-5pm at Magdalen College, Oxford

SPEAKERS:
Doug Altman - Professor of Statistics in Medicine and Director of CSM
How much confidence can we have in published medical research?

Martin Bland - Professor of Health Statistics, York
Measuring agreement between measurements

Marion Campbell - Professor of Health Services Research, Aberdeen
Data monitoring of randomised controlled trials: medical statistics in action

Paul Glasziou - Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine, Oxford
Clinical trials to clinical decision-making

Fiona Godlee - Editor of BMJ
What can statisticians do for medical journals?

Peter Gøtzsche - Director of the Nordic Cochrane Centre, Copenhagen
Medical statistics in practice: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Julian Higgins - Statistician, MRC Biostatistics Unit
Embracing complexity in evidence synthesis

David Schriger - Professor of Emergency Medicine, Los Angeles
Problems in the analysis and reporting of clinical research: are graphics
the solution?

Full details of talks and speakers is available on our website at
http://www.csm-oxford.org.uk/anniversary

REGISTRATION:
Places are still available
Registration for the meeting is £25 (includes lunch)

Registration forms are also available on our website:
http://www.csm-oxford.org.uk/mod_product/uploads/registration%20form1.pdf

Or contact: Tracy Edwards 44-(0)1865 284402; [log in to unmask]

Jon Deeks
Senior Medical Statistician
Centre for Statistics in Medicine
Wolfson College Annexe