I posted this last week, but several conversations I have had suggest that
I should clarify the subject areas covered.

We are looking for outstanding people in any area of mathematical
sciences, with interests which overlap with any area of computer science
or electronic engineering. There is no expectation that any one candidate
will cover more than a very small part of these subjects. Thus, for
example, somebody with interests in bioinformatics, or design of
simulation experiments in engineering should be encouraged to apply.
Statisticians can expect to be in competition with mathematicians, but all
candidates will be judged on the basis of the contribution they can make
in their own subject area.

Best wishes
Steve Gilmour

--

Professor Steven G Gilmour

School of Mathematical Sciences
Queen Mary, University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7833
Fax: +44 (0)20 8981 9587 (department fax, not private)

Web page: http://www.maths.qmul.ac.uk/~sgg