It was originally published as a CVCP note 1/99/91 in May 1999 and this
was updated in Universities UK note 1/02/90 in July 2002.

This civered how institutions should split the fee if a student attended
2 in the same academic year. It also advised institutions to make it
clear to students what the policy was if students withdrew before
December 1st. The advice, approved by the DfES, was that any charge
should be on a pro-rata basis for the time actually attended.

Regards

David