volunteers

Does anyone have any experience of working with volunteers and knowledge of their rights and responsbilities under equality legislation? My (possibly incorrect) understanding is that volunteers are *not* protected by employment legislation but I can't clarify their position otherwise, e.g. in the delivery of goods and services.

Where formal protection does not apply I would expect the same standards of behaviour towards and from volunteers as those which are held by right for workers, of course.

Any advice gratefully received! If you want to reply off list mailto:[log in to unmask]

Felicity

Dr M F Cooke
Head of Equality and Diversity
University of Cambridge