We had better start measuring and reporting it correctly then! :)

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohammad Al-Jubouri <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:55:41 +0000
Subject: Utility of Hemoglobin A1c in Predicting Diabetes Risk

Dear All

You may know by now that this is my favourite topic from my previous multiple postings, over the last two years, on extending the utility of HbA1c to the diagnosis of diabetes.

I just want to draw your attention to a recent interesting original article on the above topic, see:

http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/abstract.asp?aid=2&iid=12&ref=0884-8734&vid=19

By: David Edelman et al. J Gen Intern Med 19(12):1175-1180, 2004.

More and more evidence is being produced, we just need to keep an open mind on this controversial topic.

Kind regards

Mohammad

Dr. M A Al-Jubouri
Consultant Chemical Pathologist

ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
List Archives
List Instructions (How to leave etc.)
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

UK NEQAS Birmingham - part of the University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
tel 0121 414 7300, fax 0121 414 1179
This message is intended only for the above named recipient(s).  Message content may be confidential and privileged.  If it comes to you in error please inform the sender and delete it from your system.
The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent those of UK NEQAS Birmingham, the UK NEQAS Organisation, the University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust or University of Birmingham.