Dear List

We are reviewing our reference intervals for serum creatinine using the Roche Modular method.

Historically we have used an upper reference interval of 120 umol/L for males and 95 umol/L for
females.

The kit insert for the assay states an upper limit of 106 umol/L for males and 90 umol/L for females.

Has anyone looked at the serum creatinine reference intervals using the Modular method and are able to
provide some input as to which are the more correct of these upper reference intervals?

Thanks

John

Dr John Beilby
Principal Scientist