Reproduced from the AACC POCT discussion group:

"Our nurses and neonatologist in our nurseries tried a couple of
different transcutaneous bilirubin meters.  As a side test, he had the
nurses "guess" what they thought the baby's bilirubin was when they
performed the meters then sent a serum sample to the lab.  At the
conclusion of the test, the nurseries decided to not use any of the
meters.  The nurses' guesses were closer to and more consistent
with the lab's result then the meters were!  Don't know if that will help
you or not.  But maybe you should try having your nurses "guess"
along with your trial.  Could save you some money!!"

David

Dr David Bullock
Director, Wolfson EQA Laboratory
P O Box 3909, Birmingham B15 2UE, U K