Whether we should be looking at PSA doubling rates has been looked at -e.g. http://hcp.prostateline.com/news/4176.aspx

But the similar assay-performance issues would arise.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Mascall, Gary (Biochemistry) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 25 January 2005 11:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Detection Limits for Assays

I think this originates from some studies done by DPC with their Ultrasensitive PSA method.

I know one of our Urologists uses this to assess whether patients who we report as having PSA <0.1 are still OK, or whether their level is rising.

I know DPC were keen to push this a few years ago, and we are currently collating results from the DPC assay against the Roche E170, to see if we can do them in-house.

Regards,

Gary