Dear colleagues

Following on from recent discussions with our renal team, I wondered how UK
labs (and any other who may be interested in contributing) are progessing
with this. Despite attendings some talks on this subject and reading the
literature, I'm still not sure what actually happens in practice at the
moment. Our team are very keen to take this up, despite the problems as they
feel it would still be superior to the Cockroft and Gault that they
currently use.

Whilst on a renal theme, do any of have experience with random urinary total
protein to creatinine ratios, as an alternative to 24h urine protein
estimation, in patients with known renal failure? One of our renal
physicians has come from a hospital where this is used, and is interested in
using it here. For those of you who may report this, what reference range do
you use?

Thanks in anticipation

Avril

Avril Wayte