Dear Edgar,
Thank you for your posts I've found them really interesting!
Errors also offer some insights into skill.  Its fascinating (for me anyways!) that humans are capable of thinking exactly about what they are doing, and sometimes improve their performance as a result - even when their thinking and their real time perceptions are completely in error.
An example of this is steering a bicycle or motorcycle. To turn left, one 'turns' the handlebars to the right and vice versa. Almost everyone, regardless of skill will report the opposite even as their skill at riding is improving as a result of a model that is the exact opposite of what is happening. I welcome your thoughts on this!
There is a lesson here for design research perhaps because designers (and researchers)  also report self perceptions and reflections differently from reality. Phil Sargent once commented it was a mistake for designers to assume they are the experts in design research - they are the subject of study. A hard line!
Best wishes,
Terry
____________________
Dr. Terence Love
Curtin Research Fellow
Design-focused Research Group
Dept of Design, Curtin University
PO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia 6845
Tel/Fax +61(0)8 9305 7629 (home office)
+61 (0)8 9266 4018 (university office)
____________________
Visiting Research Fellow
Institute of Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development
Management School, Lancaster University
Lancaster, UK
Conselho Cientifico
UNIDCOM