If a syringe is used, it would be possible to fill small pits where
components are to be placed, to improve conductivity. This would not
need any heating equipment, but would vastly increase the area of
contact with the component leg and so lower resistance.

I believe this may be a promising route. Currently conductive paints are
very expensive, but advances in conductive polymer research may well
produce a high-conductivity elastomer as a replacement. Even so, the
additional material cost may initially increase the ease of replication
and proliferation of a RepRap.

Would it be too hard to try it as a material for deposition in the same
way that Dr. Adrian Bowyer is currently deploying Wood's Metal? I'm
sorry to ask; I do not yet have timely, affordable access to a suitable
FDM machine or I'd do it myself.

Vik :v)
--
Vik Olliver <[log in to unmask]>