Dear Prof O'Connor:  Mr Andrews' MSc on the minor inverts deserves a wider
audience.  I for one would like to know more about these results.  I have
found a relationship between keelworm tubes and inedibly small patellids
and high concentrations of mussel shells.  Some south african sites have
wide ranges of mussel sizes and barnacles when near the coast, but large
mussels with low barnacle content when inland: if mussels were to be
carried inland they were sorted and cleaned of encrustations at the coast,
but if mussels were exploited at the coast cleaning and post-consumption
waste was discarded in the same area.