Hi SPMers,

I would like to look at differences between controls who never used
drugs and those with a past history of drug dependence.

I started the analysis with a two-sample t-test;
Using a contrast of [1 -1] I got the areas where activity is greater
in group 1(ex-users) compared to group 2(controls). There were
significant areas particularly in the temporal lobe. The contrast
of [-1 1] showed no statistically significant areas. Theoretically, I
was expecting there to be areas of hypometabolism in group 1(ex-users)
vs. group 2(controls).

To further investigate the difference in activity, I wanted to look
at the one-sample t-tests for each group. Either Matlab crashed during
the process or got no maps. Is my analysis procedure wrong? What files
should be used in one-sample t-tests?

I have very small group, 7 patients in Group1, and 8 patients in Group2, all
images (one scan/one condition) are normalized to our template, smoothed and
globally normalized.

Thank you,

Jeremy