Hi,
If comparisons are intended to be on a rating scale across the levels,
this might not measure what is wanted.

One option would be to use AHP, (analytic hierarchy process). It provides
each respondent with a method to compare each element against each other
on a 19 point scale. Once all the maths is done, it gives all of the
elements in a priority listing for each respondent, and also a consistency
value i.e. if too much priority on some elements a bias would be
identified. The software used is called Expert Choice, but I must warn (if
you had not guessed already!) the maths in this is really horrible, and
AHP is not part of the SPSS suite of programs. The software is
straightforward however as is putting the numbers in and getting the
results out.

By the way, the comparisons could be (using your 6 elements below, 1 for
Lecture Notes and Handouts in VLE, 2 for PowerPoint etc):

"In terms of interactivity, which of these pairs of elements is more
important" (learner engagement would be a second set of questions)

1 v 2 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
1 v 3 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
1 v 4 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
1 v 5 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
1 v 6 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
2 v 3 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
2 v 4 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
2 v 5 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
2 v 6 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
3 v 4 (choose -9 to 0 to +9)
3 v 5 etc etc etc

e.g.
-8 in 1 v 2 indicates 1 is much much better than 2,
+8 indicates 2 is much much better than 1)

The EC software processes the comparisons, and outputs the 6 elements in a
priority list, adding up to a total value of 1. It also gives a
consistency value between 0 and 1. An appropriate consistency value is
less than 0.1, more than this value (>.1 to 1.0) suggests a bias is being
introduced which warrants further review.

Hope this helps.

Dr. John Beaumont-Kerridge
Principal Teaching Fellow
University of Luton Business School