Arun,

I have designed an eco-hotel in Rajasthan using biomimetic design
methodologies, that is due to start on the ground after the monsoon.   A
wide variety of approaches will be featured, mainly as cooling strategies,
but also relating to water/waste management, including various deployable
and responsive systems, as well as bioinspired structures, materials and
surface morphologies.  A prototype cluster will be built first as it has
proved tricky to model (too many variable variables!)

I am also working on other biomimetic building components including:
a breathing wall-cum-environmental filter for an eco-house in Beijing with
the architect Ken Yeang;
and various biomimetic systems for enhancing air and water quality for
roadside situations.

Some of this latter area of work is featured in the Ecodesign Handbook by
Alastair Faud-Luke (Thames and Hudson 2005), and Ecological Engineering  by
Dr. ing Hein van Bohemen (Aeneas Technical Publishers 2005)

John-Paul Frazer
m. +44 (0)785 496 2776
h. +44 (0)208 977 4947
EXERGY DESIGN LTD