Message

For your Information – regards, Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Wisener Joseph
Sent: 06 December 2004 09:39
To: 'Donald Henderson'
Subject: RE: FOI/EIR and your top person

Dear All,

An interesting scenario, I guess common sense would state that the ‘journalist’ should be directed to place his request in writing, and allow your people to log, monitor, and answer the request within the appropriate time scale. Emphasising that other appropriate personnel, may have to be consulted in order to ensure the accuracy of your formal response. Alternatively ensure such basic information is available under your ‘publication scheme’ and direct them in the first instance to your website, and in the second to write in, making the request formal, and repeat the common sense answer.

However, to address the question posed – the answer is No - direct all requests to be put in writing by the person or persons requiring the information, to enable you to respond accurately and appropriately to a genuine request according to the legislation – i.e. ‘all such requests should be made in writing’

Regards

Joseph

Joseph Wisener BA Hon’s

CAA EDRM System Manager