Call for Submissions

The editorship of "Mystics Quarterly," a peer-reviewed journal, will soon
be changing hands, and the new editors are very eager to receive
submissions on forms of mystical and visionary experience, especially
though not exclusively of the Western Middle Ages.

See
<http://www.mysticsquarterly.com/MQ/MQ1.htm>http://www.mysticsquarterly.com/MQ/MQ1.htm
for an index of previously published articles. Though "MQ" has shown a
particular interest in the writings of English mystics like Richard Rolle,
Walter Hilton, Julian of Norwich, and Margery Kempe, as well as European
visionaries such as Hadewich, Hildegard of Bingen, Mechthild von Magdeburg,
and Meister Eckhardt, we also invite essays on mystical experience from a
variety of periods or traditions (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist,
etc.). Editions of mystical texts and proposals from scholars interested in
guest-editing special issues are also welcome.  For the moment we will also
accept unsolicited book reviews (of approx. 750 words).

Essays should employ a "works cited" form with parenthetical references
(_The Chicago Manual of Style_, 15th ed.).

Submit material either in attachment form (MS Word 2000 or later) to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask], or send by
conventional mail (one copy) to

Mystics Quarterly

University of Connecticut
Dept. of English, Box U-4025
215 Glenbrook Road
Storrs, CT 06269-4025
U.S.A.
telephone: +1 (860) 486-1525
fax: +1 (860) 486-1530

You may direct email inquiries to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

--Bob Hasenfratz, editor.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]