Dear e-colleges

We here at the EDC Reykjavik University have finally thrown us in to the work of cataloging the books, reports, serials, CDs ... we receive from the OP. We have decided to use field 856 (Electronic location and access) in our library system to lead the users to the electronic version when ever it is possible. Then - I was reading the article "2005 to see arrival of .eu" in FOCUS, November 2004, and suggested readings, and really started to think. Will the European Union itself change its umbrella URL from europa.eu.int to europa.eu or something else? I did not find anything on this. Does anyone out there know about it? Changing the EUROPA URLs on our website is not so much work, but changing records in a library system is a bigger task.

Best not yet Christmas regards
Thora Gylfadottir

Thora Gylfadottir, EDC Librarian
European Documentation Centre