Dear colleagues,

I would like to inform you about a new project initiated and managed by the European Documentation Centre in Zagreb, Croatia (hosted by the Institute for International Relations)  - web portal EnterEurope – a guide to EU information on-line. The portal was officially launched on December 9th 2004 and is accessible at www.entereurope.hr . We were fortunate enough to welcome Mr Ian Thomson in Zagreb on that occasion.

The portal aims at facilitating and simplifying access to EU information in Croatia by providing overviews of all activities of the Union, its institutions, agencies and bodies as well as of EC legal framework, information policy and, amongst other, relations between Croatia and the EU. Although the site is in Croatian language only, it could be interesting to all since majority of the documents indexed is in English or the texts of the overviews are linked to external sources related to a particular subject.

We have been working as well on the development of a bibliographic database (e-POINT) which provides access to a range of electronic publications, documents and other material related to the EU. Nevertheless, the main aim of the database is to provide information about documents and sources related to EU-Croatia relations. The value of the database will increase gradually along with the work and time invested in the data input.

All your comments and suggestions are of course welcome. Best regards Sandra

Sandra Čar

Head of European Documentation Centre

Institute for International Relations

LJ. F. Vukotinovića 2, Zagreb - HR

Phone: + 385 1/ 48 28 558 or 48 77 465

Fax: + 385 1/ 48 28 361

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.imo.hr/edc

Enter Europe - A web portal for accessing EU information on-line (in Croatian).

 www.entereurope.hr