Ben, this sounds great, brilliant - I'm excited already!

Dates are good with me, and venue sounds good.

Like John, I think the way we organised things in Lancaster worked pretty
well.
To remind people of the structure of the Lancaster event, the inclusivity of
the first day was followed by the relative exclusivity of the second day
because the aim was to bring together and help cement a new network of
researchers with a primary interest in cycling, and so the second day was
designed to be open only to such people.

I can see two (of no doubt many) possible routes from there:

- EITHER we say, well, we've now established ourselves as a network, and so
the format might differ to reflect that; for example, we might want an event
that's open to anyone who is interested in and committed to 2 days of a
mixture of paper presentations, workshops and discussions, or we could go
for 2 days of paper presentations and follow-up discussions, interspersed
with bike rides (and thereby kind of informalise the workshop stuff)

- OR we might say that we're still actually a network in the early stages of
formation, and so a repeat of last year's format might work for cycling
researchers who have only recently learned of our existence, and want to
'join in' with our emerging collective (but, if we were to do that, I'd
agree with John that the second day should be a bit more structured than it
was in June)

Generally, I say:
- keep it cheap
- provide the opportunity for people presenting at Velo-City in May/June to
do trial runs of their papers, or at least sound out their ideas in an
informal, friendly atmosphere
- we ought to find space, for those who are going, to prepare and plan for
the CSRG's interventions (fringe meeting, debate?) at Velo-City

Dave