 >Yep, keep it cheap. Not entirely sure about the crack cocaine,

>but am looking forward to the Brains.

I guess the crack cocaine is the vegetarian option, if the meat eaters are having brains.

Thanks from me too, Ben, for getting this going.

Following the discussion over the last couple of days, my suggestion would be two separate parts of the event, one of which is a symposium, the other a meeting of the cycling and society research network.  Both can be open to whoever wishes to attend, rather than closing one off for a select few only.  Reasons to attend would simply be 1) to listen to and discuss symposium papers, and 2) to listen to and take part in the agenda of the network meeting.  I'd suggest the latter have some specific items to be discussed such as Dave's ESRC network bid, the edited book from this year's symposium, potential research proposals, and perhaps a time-limited open range discussion.  This doesn't have to be scheduled for a full day, depending on how many papers are submitted and accepted for the symposium - we could for example have the symposium last for 1 and a half days if necessary.

Paul

--
Dr Paul Rosen
Science & Technology Studies Unit

Tel. 01904 - 434743             Mobile. 07968 - 707738
Fax. 01904 - 434702
Email: [log in to unmask]          Web: http://www.york.ac.uk/org/satsu/