This theme of the NRICH site (www.nrich.maths.org) this month is fractions
and percentages.  We hope you will be challenged and find some satisfaction
in making progress through these problems and sending us some stunning
solutions.

How about playing "Oware"
(<http://nrich.maths.org/public/viewer.php?obj_id=2685&part=index&refpage=m
onthindex.php>), a game to test your skills and strategies?  We will be
returning to this game in January, when the theme is optimising.  It will
also keep you busy in your spare time!  You can play against the computer
or a friend and you can even tell the computer whether to be "clever" or
not.

We are still working hard on the site, in particular at how it meets your
expectations and needs, and are continuing to look for feedback. Perhaps
you can help?  There are two questionnaires online, the one for students
can be found at http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=73617. It
will take about 10 minutes to complete and we would really appreciate it if
you could make the time to give us your views.

Thanks and best wishes from the NRICH Team

Liz Pumfrey
NRICH Primary Teacher Research Associate
University of Cambridge Faculty of Education
17 Trumpington Street
Cambridge
CB2 1QA
01223 330585