At York we have Supernova installed on two PCs in our IT suite and one in
our largest branch.

I had similar concerns about expecting the staff to support users of
Supernova.  It is difficult for people to feel comfortable enough with a
system that they use very infrequently to show someone else how to use it.
In this instance there is also the factor of the prospective user being a
visually impaired person, and so assisting them requires a completely
different approach to the one used to when assisting sighted people.

Given these difficulties I decided to go outside the service for expert
assistance. We are fortunate in York in that we have a very active Blind and
Partially Sighted Society, and a representative from the society has
volunteered to train anyone who need to use Supernova.  In point of fact we
don't have that many people using it, but those we do have tend to have been
referred from the BPSS, and will have already have received some training
before they come to us.

Hope this is of some help.

Maia
Maia Daguerre